Intuit has settled a lawsuit associated with the extra fee they charge when they collect preparation fee of $29.95, for users who opted to have their TurboTax fees deducted from their refund. The lawsuit resulted in a $6.55 million settlement. If you did your taxes from 2008 through 2012 with TurboTax Online Refund Processing Service and opted to have your preparation fees taken out of your tax return, you may be eligible for a payment from this settlement. Here is the claim form and you must submit it by October 28th, 2013.
How to participate on the TurboTax class action settlement?
- If you use TurboTax to file tax return from January 12, 2008, through May 28, 2013 and was deducted a fees by TurboTax then you may qualify.
- This fee is better known as Refund Processing Option or Refund Transfer that is available on TurboTax Online, typically a cost of $29.95.
- Be ready to provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number to verify you are a TurboTax customer, if you haven’t receive a Class Member ID from an email or postcard notice.
- Submit your settlement claim by October 28, 2013.
- Visit the TurboTax Class Action Settlement site to seek further details on qualifications.