Get free credit monitoring and identity theft protection via Experian’s ProtectMyID to Target customers. You must sign up at Free Credit Monitoring from Target and request an activation code by April 23, 2014. The activation code must be redeemed by April 20, 2014. Also with the one year free credit report, you will get a daily credit monitoring, identity theft insurance and have access to personalized assistance from a highly trained Fraud Resolution Agent. If you are unable or not qualify for the credit monitoring offer from Target, read up on Credit Report 101: What you need to know? to learn more on how to get your free annual credit report.
Tips to protect from identity fraud:
- Never share information with anyone over the phone, email or text, even if they claim to be someone you know or do business with. Instead, ask for a call-back number.
- Delete texts immediately from numbers or names you don’t recognize.
- Be wary of emails that ask for money or send you to suspicious websites. Don’t click links within emails you don’t recognize.
Top FAQ about Free Credit Monitoring Offer from Target
- Who is eligible for free credit monitoring? All Target guests who shopped in U.S. stores can take advantage of one-year of free credit monitoring.
- If I share my credit or debit account that was used at Target, who should sign up for free credit monitoring? All Target guests who shopped in U.S. stores can take advantage of one-year of free credit monitoring. Both account holders can sign up for the product.
- How do I sign up for free credit monitoring? Visit the Free Credit Monitoring from Target page. You will get an email from Target withing 72 hours with activation code and instructions to register for free credit monitoring. And you must sign up before April 20, 2014.
- What is ProtectMyID? ProtectMyID is a credit monitoring and identity theft protection product offered by Experian, a leading global information services company.
- Will I get a credit score as part of the free offering? Credit scores will not be offered to guests who sign up for the free year of credit monitoring. You do not need a credit score to receive the benefits of credit monitoring.
- How long will this offer be available? April 23, 2014 to sign up and must redeemed the activation code by April 30, 2014.The one year of free credit monitoring begins once you register with Experian.
- Will I be automatically re-enrolled after one year? No. After 12 months, those who register have the option to continue their ProtectMyID memberships at their own expense.
- Why is Experian asking me to pay for a credit score or to buy additional reports? You do not need to purchase a credit score or additional reports from Equifax and TransUnion to receive the benefits of credit monitoring. Credit scores and additional reports can be purchased from Experian at their own expense if guests choose.
- If I have used multiple credit or debit cards at Target, will I need to sign up multiple times for credit monitoring for each card? ProtectMyID monitors an individual’s credit report, not a specific payment card, so you will only need to sign up once.
What is offered as part of the credit monitoring/ProtectMyID?
- Credit Report: You will get a free copy of their Experian credit report. If you enroll online, your report will be available online. Online credit reports are available for 30 days.
- Daily Credit Monitoring: You will receive alerts for one year that reflect changes to your Experian credit report during your membership term. This includes new inquiries, newly opened accounts, new derogatory information (such as delinquencies or medical collections) and more.
- Identity Theft Resolution: If confirmed that you have been the victim of identity theft, you will be assigned a dedicated, U.S.-based Experian Fraud Resolution Agent who will walk you through the fraud resolution process—and remain available to answer questions—from start to finish.
- Identity Theft Insurance: If you have been a victim of identity theft relating to this incident, you will immediately be covered by a $1 million insurance policy that can help you cover certain costs, including lost wages, private investigator fees, and unauthorized electronic fund transfers for one year.
- ProtectMyID ExtendCARE: Access to personalized assistance from a highly-trained Fraud Resolution Agent will continue even after the initial one year ProtectMyID membership expires.
Be sure to check out these credit cards and banking promotions at Cash Bonus Money for extra special bonuses and deals. Your #1 source for bonuses, coupons, deals and free money! Stay connected by following on facebook and twitter.