Applying for new credit card? You want some perks with the card? Check out this Southwest Airlines Credit Card Promotion. You will earn 50,000 Bonus Points with Southwest Airlines Premier Credit Card approval after spending $2,000 within the first 3 months of your account opening. These points are redeemable for 2 free Roundtrip Flights.
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Card Features:[list style=”check”]
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines® and AirTran® Airways purchases made directly with the airlines.
- 2 points per $1 spent on Rapid Rewards® Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases.
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Points don’t expire so you can use them on your schedule.
- NO FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEES. Save 3% in fees on International purchases.
- 6,000 ANNIVERSARY POINTS EVERY YEAR after Cardmember Anniversary.
- NO BLACKOUT DATES
- Move closer to A-List status. Only Premier Cardmembers earn Tier Qualifying Points (up to 15,000 per year) toward A-List status.
- Get more benefits by flying Southwest. Bags always fly free, a savings of up to $75! No change fees mean you can change your flight at no extra cost.[/list]
The Promotional Details
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Business Card. $99 annual membership fee (not waived for first year) + 6,000 points when you renew your card.
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Card. $69 annual membership fee (not waived for first year) + 3,000 points when you renew your card.
- To get the companion pass, you need to earn 110,000 points in a calendar year. Each credit card nets you 52,000 points (50,000 bonus points + 2,000 for the spend). If you get 2 cards, you get 104,000 points and need to earn 6,000 more through CC spend, flying, transferring from hotel or other partners, using the shopping portal or other methods. Also, bonus points earned from the Plus can be combined with those earned from the Premier (business and personal can also be combined).
- The year in which the points post is the calendar year for which they’re considered for the companion pass. For example, if you were approved for a card in December 2013, but you received the bonus points on your January 2014 statement, those points are eligible toward earning your companion pass in 2014.
- The companion pass is valid for the year in which you earn it AND the next year (so 2014 and 2014 if earning now).
- The companion pass enables 1 companion to fly on your exact itinerary every time you fly on Southwest, regardless of whether you paid with cash or with points.
- You can change your companion 3 times over the life of the pass (though some say it is calendar year in practice). I was told twice now that you can change the companion 3X per calendar year.
This is definitely a great credit card for those who frequent traveler of Southwest Airlines. After spending $2,000 within the first 3 months of account opening you will receive 50,000 bonus points which is equivalent to 2 roundtrip flights. Reminder to those who unsure of your credit score please seek credit report 101: what you need to know? and read the entire promotional details before signing up. Ifyou looking for more special bonuses check out the Barclaycard Arrival(TM) World MasterCard® – Earn 2x on All Purchases and these other Credit Card Promotions at Cash Bonus Money.