If you’re a frequent traveler and use Travelocity for all your travel accommodations then you should consider the Barclaycard Travelocity® Rewards American Express® Card be the card for you. If you’re unsure about getting a credit card, I’d recommend you read credit report 101: what you need to know? and check out my review of credit card offers for bad credit. Travelocity often offers coupons, discounts, and promotions over the current prices for flight, hotel and car rental.
Bonus Points and Rewards
There’s no annual fee with this card and you can earn 5,000 bonus points after your first purchase. Every 5,000 points is equivalent to $50 in flight, hotel, and car rental redemptions. You can also earn an extra 5,000 bonus points if you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months. The opportunity is endless if you use Travelocity exclusively. There are no blackout dates or exceptions rules with these bonus points. To redeem your bonus points simply login to your card account for Travelocity purchases and statement credits.
You will receive 3 points meaning 3% cash back on all purchases with Travelocity. And receive 1% cash back or 1 point on all other purchases. Because this American Express (Amex) you will have access to special promotions and special events. Most Amex card have annual fee but this Travelocity Amex card have no annual fee and still have wide international acceptance and protective insurance.
What I like about this credit card?[list style=”check”]
- No annual fee. Most American Express credit card have annual fee but this card doesn’t.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points. Just make one purchase easy as buying pack of gum.
- Earn additional 5,000 bonus points. Make $1,000 in purchases in the first three months.
- Earn three points per dollar on Travelocity purchases. Use this card to earn three points per dollar spent on Travelocity.com purchases, including flights, hotels, and vacation packages.
- Earn one point per dollar spent on all other purchases. For every other purchase you will earn one point for each dollar spent on all other purchases. These points can be redeemed as statement credits. [/list]
What not so good about this credit card?
- No introductory offers. There’s no introductory offers of 0% APR on balance transfer or purchases.
- Travelocity focus. If you do not exclusively make purchases on Travelocity, the bonus points aren’t that attractive compare to these other credit cards.
- Foreign transaction fee. Though this is a travel credit card you have a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
Take advantage of this no annual fee credit card offer if you have excellent credit score and use Travelocity for all your traveling accommodations including flights, hotel and car rental. And for every Travelocity purchases you earn 3 points per dollar likewise earn 1 point per dollar on all other purchases. Get 5,000 bonus points on first purchase and get an additional 5,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in 3 months. Be sure to frequent cash bonus money for these other credit card promotions with more special bonuses and travel deals.